A $125 donation will pay for one night of work for a trainee during Scarf Dinners. Trainees are paid under the Restaurant Industry Award and during a Scarf shift, they're mentored by hospitality professionals who share skills, knowledge, networks and help our trainees to increase their confidence.
We have proudly paid wages to our trainees since 2011 because:
- it allows us to demonstrate that their contribution is valued
- it allows us to model what fair work conditions look like
- it provides some income for our trainees, many of whom are experiencing hardship
- it provides paid employment and a reference to trainees, which can then be listed on their resume (which Scarf helps them develop throughout employment workshops and one-on-one job readiness support)*
* a lack of local work experience and lack of local references are widely recognised as significant barriers to employment for newly arrived people
Scarf is a registered charity (Public Benevolent Institution) and is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997).
This donation is fully tax deductible. Please contact [email protected] for a donation receipt.