This is a hugely important role at Scarf; we need lots of hungry, big-hearted diners so that our trainees can gain awesome, real-world experience during Scarf Dinners. As a Scarf diner, you’re also helping to fund our social enterprise model which sees us paying Scarf trainees award wages for their work.

In a feedback survey, one of our regular diners said this:

I love dining at Scarf because of the choice of amazing venues with great reputation - and a terrific vision. Makes perfect sense and allows people to contribute and have a great tasty night out, which Melburnians really love doing!

Scarf is approximately 65% self-funded through Scarf Dinners and events (the remaining 35% comes from philanthropic grants and donations). So as a diner, you allow our trainees to gain experience in a realistic restaurant setting, you help to fund our important work, and you get to eat in some of Melbourne’s best restaurants.

Win-win-win! 

.

Hungry?

Keen to enjoy delicious food and wine whilst supporting young people to gain awesome training, mentoring and paid work experience? Sign up to our newslettergrab a Scarf Dinners gift certificate and get ready to dine with us! 

.

Cover photo: Scarf trainee Samira at Do More Than Dine '19. Photographer: Samee Lapham.